Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

The holidays have officially arrived!  Are you excited or stressed out?

I love this time of year and look forward to spending time with family and friends.  But, I know that many do not share my affinity for the season.  In fact, I know several people that would rather go into hibernation until spring.

What is it about the holidays that stresses people out so much?  Perhaps it is the social aspect and the expectation to be "jolly" at all times?  I found a great list of conversation starters in an article through AARP.  Here are a few that might just help you survive Thanksgiving dinner:

Early Memories
  • My first pet was ___
  • My chores growing up were ___
  • My favorite toy was ___
  • My best surprise ever was ___
  • I wanted to grow up to be a ___
When I Was a Kid
  • Something I wish was still sold in stores is ___
  • The historical moment I remember best is ___
  • A famous person who made the biggest impression was ___
  • My first music player was a ___ and I liked to listen to ___ on it
  • The first president I remember was ___
Teen Talk
  • My favorite activities at school were ___
  • My first job was ___
  • My first car was ___ and it cost ___
  • My favorite musical group was ___
  • My first home away from my parents was ___


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  Have a wonderful holiday - be safe and be kind!

Please check out my American Counseling Association blog too! 

logo

No comments:

Post a Comment